Breastfeeding Made Easy: a gift for life for you and your baby
- how breastfeeding works, and why most mothers, with support, can do it if they want to
- how myths and misinformation can derail mothers, and how to avoid this
- how to manage introducing solid foods, weaning from the breast and going back to work
- the proven health benefits of breastfeeding, for babies and their mothers
- how treating illness, in mother and baby, needn't mean the end of breastfeeding
- how breastfeeding can succeed even in difficult circumstances
- the importance of good breastfeeding support, and how to access it
Dr Gonzalez's extensive experience of supporting breastfeeding mothers and their babies, coupled with his scientific understanding of human lactation and his skill in explaining this to a non-medical audience, are combined here in a book that is an accessible, confidence-inspiring companion for every breastfeeding mother.
Carlos Gonzalez, a father of three, studied medicine at the Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona and trained as a paediatrician at the Hospital de Sant Joan de Deu. The founder and president of the Catalan Breastfeeding Association (ACPAM), he currently gives courses on breastfeeding for medical professionals. Since 1996 he has been breastfeeding correspondent for Ser Padres (Being Parents) magazine.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
The Nursing Mother's Companion, 7th Edition, with New Illustrations: The Breastfeeding Book Mothers Trust, from Pregnancy Through Weaning